Monday 29 September 2014

Failure

Im sure Im not the only one that hates failure.

It makes me feel small, insecure and like I cant do anything right. It almost makes me want to climb in bed with an endless supply of series & popcorn.

I get angry with myself: angry for reacting too harshly.  I get frustrated with myself for not seeing this coming, for making the wrong decision. I keep thinking that I should have known better.

At night, when I lie in bed listening to the night sounds around me – my failures haunt me. The people I’ve hurt by speaking too harshly, by saying something that was better left unsaid and the relationships that failed.

I lay in bed, haunted by my failures.

Mornings bring new beginnings, and for a moment the tree outside my window soothes my soul.

Perhaps I’ll do better today.

I’ll try to be kinder.
To listen better.

To encourage, love and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment