Monday 15 September 2014

Tiny


I grasped as my friend told me over email that she was expecting. My heart sat in my throat as I thought back to the first day we met. 

She was 18 and had moved to the Big City with her best friend, to study. 

I love her like a little sister. I worry about her like a big sister would.  

She is having a little girl.  A little tiny human, which will eventually grow up to be a fully-grown human. 

I got teary eyed when she messaged me with the news that they could see the brain, the spinal cord, intestines and the three veins feeding her., in the last scan.  A miracle.

A little tiny miracle, so beautifully woven together.  And since I just jpassed High school Biology, I cannot remember all the ins &outs, but I remember even at 17 being amazed at how many things come into play with a pregnancy.

Its at a time like this that I cannot help but believe in God. 


My God creates life the size of a bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment