Monday 24 August 2015

Tired

I’m normally the one that bargains on the glass being half full. The one that sees the positive. The one that tries to support people.

But, I’m tired.

I’m tired of being the nice one, because people take advantage of my nice-ness. I’m tired of being supportive, because when my heart is breaking I’m alone. I’m tired of being helpful, because people’s favourite response when I ask for help seems to be ‘I don’t know’ with the all too well known shoulder shrug.  I’m tired of being easygoing, because it means people do not take my feelings or views into consideration. I’m tired of expecting people to be nice, when all they do is talk behind my back. I’m tired of being considerate: because people steal from me and have zero regard for me.

Most of all, I’m tired of giving people chances, because...
Because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment